Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 13, 2010

December 6, 2010


The boys are here!!!!! They arrived December 3, as planned. David and I got up and got to the hospital at 5:30 that morning (ok, maybe 5:45). Dr. Hix told me we were the planning to be the first c-section that morning and I think he was right.

We really didn't have to wait too long and by 7:43 am, we welcomed Taylor Hubbard aka Baby A into the world he came out crying and weighed 6lbs. 6oz. Brayden Scott joined us two minutes later (Baby B) and weighed 6lbs. 8oz.


It is really hard to describe and it's amazing to me but I don't think I've ever felt more relief in my whole life, as I did when he pulled Brayden out from on top of my ribs. I had a spinal, so of course I felt no pain, but I could feel him pull the babies out and as soon as Brayden came out, I could breathe, after not being able to breathe well for several months. And the babies were perfect! Lungs were developed and they got to come to the room with us as soon as the were cleaned and weighed and such. They did have to go under the warmers for a little while that evening, just because their body temp had gone below where they wanted it to. It made me nervous, but the nurse said it was perfectly normal and she was right. Personally, I think the hospital room was just really cold and we never could get it to warm up.



I got to go home yesterday, even after a few blood pressure issues. They said it was related to just having twins, but given my family history, it's definitely something I want to stay on top of. We got home around noon, then we went to JumpZone for Cole's 4th birthday party. I really just sat while everyone else served food and such. I was just so happy to see Cole. I wasn't going to miss his party for anything.
The first night home was surprisingly good. David stayed up with them first. Then I got up for a few hours, then my mom took over after that. We are very lucky to have her help. She cooks and does our laundry, as well as taking care of the babies. She is definitely helping in my recovery process.

No comments:

Post a Comment