Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30

I can't believe this year is almost over! I also can't believe the twins will be 4 weeks old tomorrow! My how time flies. Our Christmas was great. Lots of family, food, and gifts. The twins were fairly quiet although that is over for us at home. Today there was at least one baby crying for about 5 hours straight. I guess they are both colicky which I'm trying to read about and figure out how we can get through it. So far, Dr. Harvey Karp's book told us to try the 5 S's, which David seems to be an expert at: Swaddling, side-lying, Shh-shhing, swinging, and sucking. This definitely worked tonight when they were just a little fussy. I want to see if it works when they are screaming. He claims it will work like an off switch for the baby. If that's true, I hope he's a very rich man. I laugh when I think of the days when I thought having one infant was so hard. Having twins is more time consuming than I ever imagined. I have no idea what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work. How do parents spend enough time with all their kids? I'm sure we'll survive, but I certainly can't wait until summer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment